Managua (MGA) airport is the closest international airport.
Pozas is about 1 1/2 hours from the Managua airport. The simplest way to get here from the airport is to let us arrange for transportation. We know several taxi and shuttle drivers who know the way and are ready to help. Or, if you prefer to make your own arrangements …
Arrive by Taxi
- A taxi from Managua or Leon to Pozas in El Transito will cost you around $60(US).
- Tell the taxi driver to take the Carretera Vieja Leon and turn at KM 46 and head west on route 40 [dirt road], towards El Transito.
- From there you are only 30 minutes from Pozas.
- From Managua, taxi driver Oswaldo will bring you to Pozas for $60(US). He speaks both English and Spanish and he will be waiting for you at the airport with a sign.
- Call him anytime +505 8454 2715 or write him an email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to make arrangements with him.
- All taxis are independently operated by each provider.
At El Transito
Take a Left at The Free Spirit sign
Go 3 more blocks and then turn Right.
Pozas is the last building on the Left (blue & orange with a thatched rancho roof).
Travel any further and you’ll end up in the Pacific Ocean! 🙂